Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Turned into passion...





Though I started my journey at the age of 9, Bharatanatyam was still a hobby, a after school activity. Academics taking priority, dance took a back seat. I still continued my training under Guru Smt. sharadamani Shekar for a decade & gave quite a few performances.

Having completed my engineering, got into a software programmers job in Bangalore. But, somewhere within me there was always an urge to continue my dance & this took me to my next Guru in this journey, Smt. Padmini Ramachandran of Natyapriya, Bangalore. Rigorous training under her, developed a passion in me & I continued my Bharatanatyam training with total dedication. By the end of 2 years of training with her, I was totally passionate about dance & thus begins the second phase of my journey, passionate me. Finally, 8th of Jan 2006 was the day when I did my Rangapravesha/Arangetram in Bangalore under the direction of Guru Padmini. An occasion to be cherished for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment